Blessings Photography


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jake & Jeni & THE MIRACLE

We were blessed to have these 2 great kids come & stay with us for 2 days.
They earned these 2 days for being Advanced on their tests.  Most impressive.  We just call them Mr. & Miss Advanced.
We had such a fun time.   They are wonderful kids.  I laughed so much my stomach really was sore.  If they stayed much longer I would have a 6 pack ab!  They really are fun to be around.  Great manners.  Respectful.  Helpful.   Awesome sense of humor (a true combination of their mom & dad).
I could brag on them all day.

Then I witnessed a miracle....read to the very end for the entire story.


We played Farkle.  Of course Jake won every time.
Remember the game Pit?  It kept us up until midnight.
And Jeni & Danny held the corner on Pit.

We went for a cruise in my old GMC to get eggs (I drove).


Cruisin' in the golf cart

Hang on Jake!
Fun in the hot tub
Being fountains...


They just love Jake (the horse
and as you can tell Jake (the horse) likes them.  
Everything was going good...



Then...
I saddled up Jake for them to ride.  I told them I would lead them at first.
Jake put his foot in the stirrup, then Jeni reminded him she called it first.  He said oh yeah I forgot & Jeni put her foot in the stirrup & swung up & over.
Then I witnessed truly the most horrifying incident in my life.
Jake (the horse) reared straight up & fell over backwards on Jeni.   Even as I sit here and write this 3 days later I get sick & nauseated as I see it over & over again in my mind.
I felt sheer terror & horror as I truly believed I had just watched her be fatally injured.
It happened so fast with absolutely no warning.
But I witnessed a miracle.
After the horse rolled & scrambled to get up off of her,
Jeni jumped up & ran screaming to me.
We took her to Dr. Clary & after x-rays, assessments & tests - there was not a broken bone in her body, not a drop of blood, no internal injuries.  Only bumps, scrapes & bruises.
I have witnessed many horse wrecks & accidents in my life and I am telling you I witnessed a miracle.

I have had so many thoughts & emotions & torment...
I felt:
1.  Guilty
2.  Fear
3.  If only it had been me
4.  Why did I let this happen
5.  What was I thinking
6.  Terror
7.  FAILURE
Forgiving myself may be one of the hardest things to do...
But forgiveness & love from Mitzi, Jake & Jeni come as naturally as breathing.  They have always held a very special place in my heart.  Thanks guys ~ Love you bushels & baskets.
My God is an awesome God & I know that we will all heal & be just fine through this.
Just have to give Him the glory!
And no more horse riding for the kids.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, scary!
    Jake and Jeni are getting SO big, I cannot believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just now read this, love those pictures though. and they need to ride again, I waited too long to get back on. love you

    ReplyDelete