Blessings Photography


Thursday, January 26, 2012

An Awesome Gift

When I was in the fourth grade my classroom teacher was Mrs. Dickey.  I loved her.  As most good teachers do she read to us.  I can distinctly remember her reading to us a story about a secret horse.  I was enthralled each time we sat down on the floor by her feet ~ I LOVED that book.  I could really relate to all the hard work the girls had to do for their horse.  
I guess I talked about that book a lot because my sister knew how special it was to me and she found it for me for a gift for Christmas.  I read it as soon as I got home.  I cherish it and can't wait to read it to Maelea & Reese.
Thank you Cheri.

I can remember the day I learned to read ~ Tip ~ and I have always loved to read.  The library was the best place in the world to me.  I didn't actually own very many books when I was young, but the ones I did own I read many many times.  It's exciting to me to see my family enjoy reading, too.  I enjoy reading to the girls and can't wait to read some more with them!
So grab a good book, curl up by the fire and have a warm drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment