Blessings Photography


Friday, January 7, 2011

Jim

My oldest sister Judy met & married a fine young man from Snowball, Arkansas.  His name was Jimmy Joe Wells.  I was all of 4 years old when he came into our lives.  He quite literally became my hero.  I truly adored him.   His nickname for me was "Tommy".  I thought he was the tallest man I had ever seen, because our family wasn't known for being big tall people.  He was over 6 feet tall and had to duck to go through the doorway into our kitchen.  Sure was fun to ride around on his shoulders.
Jim was a diabetic.  My favorite quote of his was "I'd give anything for a half rotten banana right now".

Sadly Jim passed away at the age of 23.  That had to be the most traumatic event in my young life - and as you can imagine for the whole family.  Judy had 2 babies ~ Joey & Mitzi ~ & one on the way ~ Jimmy.  Jim had 3 sisters & 1 brother ~ Janie, Jackie, Billie Faye & Bob.  His mother Otie passed away when Jim was a young boy.
If you would like to know what he looked like, all you have to do is look at Joey & Jake.  Sometimes it takes my breath away just how much he lives on in his children & grandchildren.


I had the extreme honor of going to Richland with Mitzi to take photos of his home place.  That is a day I will cherish forever.  Thank you Mitzi ~ Love you ~



Jim & his brother Bob played ball here.
I hear tell that Bob once scored 46 points in a game.


What a view.  And yes the water really is that blue.

Walk by the barn & cross this branch to walk home.

Cornerstone of the old home

Hand hewn & notched logs of the home
The View from home

The Window...



2 comments:

  1. Stacey, this brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for sharing this. What a priceless memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking these beautiful pictures! Don't know what I would do without you!!!! All my love........Mitzi

    ReplyDelete