Blessings Photography


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dad, Pappy, Pa Bill, Father

I have read some really great posts on fathers & dads this week.  I miss my dad.  And I wish he could have met Alex & Sheree, he would have loved them.  They sure would have been teased to death :)  And oh how I wish he could have seen my two beautiful granddaughters.  I can just see his face as he looked at them & called them sis.  And I can just imagine the giggles Maelea & Reese would have shared with their papa.
One particularly treasured moment I shared with my dad was right before he died.  When he told me about being a young man & seeing my mom through a church window & how pretty she was & that she was the one for him.  And later he was saved in that church & baptized that very same night in the creek.  Now that is blessed assurance.
"Make 'em hand sis"
I love you & miss you dad.


And I am so thankful that God allowed me to marry Danny, he is the most awesome father to our children. He has taught them so much.  He has been the best role model anyone could be blessed to have.   Godliness, respect, humor, trouble shooting, fix-it, acceptance, support, drop everything & I'll be there, and most of all LOVE are just some his best qualities that I clearly see being repeated in his children.  Thank you Danny, I love you dearly.  And I am one blessed woman.

Danny & I lost our fathers a year a part and I know that he misses his dad very much also.  Without Bill I wouldn't have such an awesome husband, he raised him well.  And I so wish he could have seen our beautiful family as we have grown.  He would have enjoyed & loved them as much as we do.  But I know that he will some day see them in heaven.
"I have had worse places than that on my lip and still whistled at the girls"

Thank you Father for sending your son to die for me.  The most precious gift ever offered & I have accepted.

5 comments:

  1. great pictures!Enjoyed reading about the special men in your life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As did I really enjoy this post. I love the pictures and wish I could have met them.
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved looking at these old pictures! great post stacey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Danny are beautiful people...on the inside and out. I love your wedding picture and I love reading your posts. It makes my heart happy. Love to you both. -Trish

    ReplyDelete